Friday, February 1, 2013

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Neighbors

Normally, I don't have any issues with my neighbors.  In fact, I've never had any really terrible neighbors.  But I do have a bunch of pet peeves, and for some reason no matter where I live, there's always one neighbor who manages to do one of my pet peeves. So here is a list of things that make you a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad neighbor.

1. Music

Don't take this the wrong way.  I love music, but I don't like hearing YOUR music in my apartment.  When I can feel my door or floor vibrating, because you wanted to appreciate the bass or whatever it is you're doing, something is wrong.

Not just a little bit wrong, a lot a bit wrong. 

I appreciate you're love for your music.  But I don't appreciate you loving your music in my apartment.  And when I can hear your electronic/techno music over Say Yes to the Dress.  When that happens, my rage face starts to come out.

It begins with the "Are you kidding me??" face.  And not the laughing, are you kidding face.  
This is the serious "Are you kidding?" face
This is the prelude the "ROAR!!!" face.
 
2. Arguing
 
I'd like to help you if you have any problems, but that only counts if I know you.  Personally, I don't care about the fact that you're mad that your boyfriend missed your date to watch Toddlers and Tiaras.  Fact is he probably hates that show as much as I do.  Instead he'd rather be watching the South Park episode with Honey Boo Boo.
 

Because clearly, this is more entertaining than this
 

No offense to TLC or Toddlers and Tiaras, but it's not my thing.
 
I don't want to hear you screaming at him over the phone.  Why?? Because your personal life shouldn't enter the 4 walls that are my apartment unless I offer to fix them or let them enter.
 
All this leads to the progression of the rage face.
 
 3. Stomping
 
Really, I'm pretty sure you're not part of Stomp!  Odds are that your life is not this:
 
 
As cool as this is, I don't want to hear you literally stomping arou
 
nd your apartment.  Maybe you should wear some slippers!  Really.  You can get them at Target.
 
I'LL EVEN GIVE YOU MY SLIPPERS!!
 
Ladies, this includes you stumbling into your hard wood floored apartment at 3AM in your 6" heels.
 
First question, how do you walk in those??? Really?  I'd fall over and die!  So major cookies to you for being able to wear them, but please please please please!!!! take off your shoes before stumbling around your apartment for an hour at 3AM after you get back from the bar.
 
This type of thing leads to the sleepy rage face.
 
 
 
So far that's all I can think of.  I'm sure there are more annoying things I could think of, but these are the major ones.

What have I learned from all this?

Go to sleep with headphones! Then I can't hear you, and I can only hear what I want to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment