Friday, February 1, 2013

How I Perceive Myself

I'm not going to lie, whenever I picture my self doing something, it's always 1000 times more epic in my mind than it is in real life.  It's kind of along the lines of the super powers idea, but it's not the same.  I picture my hobbies to be so much more exciting than they actually are.

For example, I started doing archery.  Every time I go to the range I feel like I'm like Russell Crowe in Robin Hood or Merida in Brave.  But I am neither a man nor Scottish.

This is how I envision my trips to the range. LOTS of epic.  Also, with accompanying epic music from Two Steps from Hell.





But not CGI and defineity not medieval.


This is more like what I do.


But I'm an adult, and my bow is not made of plastic.

Also, I started sewing.  It's nothing special.  I've made a couple skirts and a dress.  The dress sucked to put together.  Whoever writes those instructions need to write them for people who have never sewed before.  Just an FYI.  Anyways, while I'm putting these together, I'm picturing that my final product is going to be this super awesome costume or gown or in the future I'm going to make something like that.  

This is what I'm thinking of.
 


Amazing, elaborate costumes
or
a beautiful gown that I'd never be able to wear in real life, but I'd have it.


This is reality.
 
It's not this exact pattern, but I have a skirt pattern that's pretty much the same.

This is the predicament of my life.  However, even though I may never be able to be Robin Hood or Merida in this life, mayhaps the zombies will rise and I can put my archery skills to use.

But the costumes and gown ambition, that may possibly come to fruition.  After some classes and lots of frustration with pleats, bustles, easing, and much else, we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment