Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sometimes I Think I Have Super Powers

Most people think they have super powers when they are little. Like the little boy in the Volkswagen Super Bowl commercial.


I still think I have super powers.


When I was little....
And Now...
Some days I wake up and think, "I CAN MOVE THINGS WITH MY MIND!" So in the privacy of my apartment, I stare at things hoping they will move thinking I'm like John Travolta in Phenomenon. Hoping my sunglasses will spin just like in the movie. In the end, this is what I look like.


Much to my chagrin, nothing happens.  Then I become even more frustrated thinking that if I stare at it harder, with angrier eyes, maybe I can frighten my sunglasses into moving.


Again, nothing happens. So instead of giving up and realizing that I am a homo sapien and and homo sapiens don't have super powers.  I get angry! And then I make my rage face!! 
But on the inside.  Outside, my face remains blank. So actually, this is what I look like.
All these faces and attempts are repeated multiple times throughout the day.  Each time ends the same way. Until I go to bed dejected and feeling the pangs of failure from having not exercising my super powers of telekinesis.  


Until tomorrow..... 

1 comment:

  1. omg I do this too. It hasn't worked yet. Life sucks.

    ReplyDelete