Sunday, June 24, 2012

I Still Watch Cartoons

You'd think that by the time you're an adult, or at least past age 10 you'd no longer watch cartoons, other than classics like Looney Tunes or Tom and Jerry.  Not me. Nope.  I'm still camping out on my sofa early Saturday morning lamenting that the new Pokemon cartoons suck.


This is me. Every weekend, just a bit bigger.
The biggest indicator of your Google searches are the ads that pop up.  What are my ads?

Disney Cruise! Disney Land! Sea World! 

This shows what I do in my spare time. My top youtube videos: clips from Disney movies, clips from Jackie Chan Adventures, Pokemon.

My custom categories on Netflix are cartoons.  Right now, it's been popping up X-Men, Curious George, Thumbelina, The Care Bears, and Babar.  Every time I watch one of those movies, Little Me comes out.  This is me, pretty much all the time. 
I'm very excited.  Every time.

Right now, what am I doing, watching My Little Pony.  What should I be doing? Studying or working on my research project.  What am I doing? 

I LOVE The Quest of the Princess Ponies. Tiffany is the best.

What are the repercussions of this? Nothing right? You sit at home by yourself watching cartoons from your childhood and no one will ever know. Right? Wrong!! It shows up everywhere.

For example, today, on a road trip that went wrong, I asked the driver if she wanted to listen to Disney songs while in the car.  I think she said yes to be nice.

I sang along with EVERY song.  
She didn't....
What's my solution? Rather than accepting that most adults don't know the Disney movie associated with each song, No! I decided that we were going to watch Disney movies, so she would learn all of the songs!

These are the things that happen when you still watch cartoons as an adult.  Your Google ads are all for things you should have done when you were 8 and sing along to songs that you shouldn't have memorized still.

You know what else happens when you watch cartoons too much??? You end up like the Frank Sinatra song, "Young at Heart" and you become the best babysitter ever!!! At least I think I am, I haven't heard any complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment