Thursday, June 14, 2012

I Want to Eat EVERYTHING!

Ladies, you can relate to me when I say, there comes a time every month when you have this feeling. You're not quite sure where it came from or how it came to you, but it's there.  It may hit you when you're going to work, or watching tv, or at the worst possible moment.... 


IN THE GROCERY STORE.


Yes, it is the "I WANT TO EAT EVERYTHING!" time.  It's the worst part of the month, when you've worked so hard to eat only good things and be so active. You're life was the model that everyone followed.  You're life resembled this plate.
You were bright, happy, healthy.  Just like the plate.  But then IT came.  And now you trudge through the grocery store, staring at everything.


That is how I feel.


I went to the grocery store just to pick up a few staples, nothing special.  I felt like I was on the prowl for something.  I was a ravenous wild cat hunting for a tasty snack.  


My teeth were morphing into something new.  I didn't remember them being that sharp.  And my hands were morphing into paws, swiping all sorts of things into my basket.  I had tunnel vision.  My goal: Eat!!


My transformation was almost complete. And soon, there I was. A Wild cat. In the middle of my grocery store.


See! There's me at the bottom, totally morphed into the wild cat, stalking my prey....


My mission of picking up milk, cereal, and bread was in forgotten.  I looked down at my basket with pride.
Minus the confetti. My grocery store isn't that cheerful.
I strutted to the check out, content with my capture.  The lady did not share my happiness.  Rather she looked unsure at to how to react to my findings.
Whatever, if she can't appreciate the glory of chocolate mousse, ice cream, chips, jolly ranchers, and yogurt (just to make myself feel better about buying junk food), then too bad!  


When I got back to my apartment, I plopped down on the sofa, not bothering to put away any of my items, and ate myself into a coma.  
There I was, beached in the middle of my apartment.  Basking in the glory of having fulfilled my quest: Eat Everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment